I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Sweet La La Whimsey


The challenges from yesterday were so much fun that I decided to make another card...this time with a sketch from Sweet'N'Sassy stamps at their challenge blog The Sweet Stop! with a twist...so use red, black and cream! I used buttons as asked for by Whimsey Stamps and I did some more paper piecing (I think that's one of my FAV techniques of all time!) check out La La Land Crafts...lots of fun challenges there!
Fun challenges ladies...I might have to play again before the weekend is over...with Sunday being my 30th Birthday and all I might get lucky and win something! LOL

For the main image on this card I went a la Cindy Haffner and embossed the whole image with the swiss dots Cuttlebug embossing folder so it looks like snow is falling on her...pretty neat huh! I love how Cindy does this...I hope she doesn't mind me coping her!
Supplies:
Stamps: Sherri in the Snow By Rubber Romance
Ink: Stazon black
Paper: retired DS paper, whisper white, basic black, creamy carmel
Accessories: buttons, embossing folder, gingham ribbon, sponge, nesties lables 3
Thank you sooo much for stopping by and for all the well wished from yesterday! I feel much better...amazing what a good nights rest will do for you! LOL
Have a blessed day, may you be the light in someones dark day!
Hugs,
Silvia

16 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Silvia I love this, so pretty.

Stacy Morgan said...

How cute, great job with the colors and I like the button corner.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fun winter image! Beautiful work, Silvia!!

Anonymous said...

Great wintery card! The colors worked wonderfully. Thanks so much for playing along with The Sweet Stop sketch with a spin!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card, Silvia! A wonderful winter card! Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsy Stamps and La La Land Crafts!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

This is adorable....love your colours. Gives me that peaceful wintery feeling. I know you guys in Virginia don't get the snow like us poor folks in Canada. LOL

Sheila said...

What a fantastic card, I adore that image, it looks fabulous Paper pieced, wonderful colours too.
Thanks for joining us this week in La-La Land.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Pretty card! Love the paper piecing! Wanted to wish you an early "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" How exciting to just be turning 30! Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Great Card Silvia! I'm trying to contact you but can't find your email so can you please get in touch with me karen@yournextstamp.com - thanks!

Paul said...

Another paper pieced masterpiece.
Thanks again for joining in and supporting our challenges.
Paul

Sue from Oregon said...

oh I love, love love those polka dots! Great job on the piecing too! Thanks for joining us this week at La La Land Crafts.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fun card! Love the black and red, really pops. Great accents too. Thanks for playing along at Whimsy this week. :)

Karin said...

Goegeous card Silvia.
Love the design, papers,colours and cute image.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love your card! Great job with the paper piecing! And Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks for playing in our challenge at La-La Land Crafts.

Maureen said...

Great card - love the piecing! Happy birthday and thank you for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!