I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

World Card Making Day Projects

So yesterday was world card making day...I didn't get a chance to stamp yesterday, but I did today! YEAHHHH!!! I have a couple projects for you from challenges I did at Splitcoaststampers.

The first challenge I did was Magnolias challenge to make a Christmas Ornament...which I encorporated again with Whimsy stamps challenge to use eyelets. I made a Kusudame Ball ornament. I have made these before and I absolutely LOVE making them...so when I saw the challenge I knew what I was making! For my little tag I used the key tag punch and the a large eyelet. My stamp set is from Little Paper Shop and it's called Merry and Bright...it's on sale right now and you can win it for free...all the deets here! I also used some taffeta ribbon along with some pearls and ribbons to make it sparkle on the tree!
Here is a close up of the ball...it actually is 12 individual flower pedals made from 60-3x3 squares...time consuming, but definately worth the efforts...please let me know if you would like to see a tutorial!

This is my last project, as it's already late and I have pre-school in the Am to teach! It's a sketch challenge by Beate, Jenn and Lori from the SCS crew and it was a sketch challenge...I already had all my stuff trimmed, all I had to do was stamp and punch! It was super easy and super cute and it also fit Beate's Sketch 100 challenge on her blog! For this card I used another stamp set by Little Paper Shop...it's called {Garden Gate} I love the sentiments in this set!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Again please let me know if you would like for me to make a tutorial for the Kusudame Balls...they are sooo fun!

Happy Stampin'

Silvia

Thank you sooo much for stopping by!

16 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! These are just soo cool!! Love that ornament!! So creative!! TFS! HUGS

the whimsical butterfly said...

OMGOSH this is GORGEOUS! It looks complicated, LOL....SOOO pretty!!!

Laural-Lee said...

That ornament is amazing!!! I would love to see a tutorial on how to make it. Love the dp you chose as well to match your card. Fabulous

Sandra said...

That Christmas ornament is a cute idea.

Caroline said...

Hi, it is absolutely gorgeous, I haven't seen anything that beautiful....I would really love a tutorial, seems hard but worth the trial.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

That is just beautiful! I want to make one! Fab idea and the papers and eyelet are perfect! Thanks for playing along at Whimsy! :)

Brenda said...

Wow!! That ornament is one of the best I have seen. I would love to see a tutorial on how to make it. Beautiful!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

This is just so beautiful--I really love it & so happy you entered in the Magnolia Ornament Challenge! I would love, love a tutorial on how to make these!!

hugz,
Suzanne

Krysta said...

I just love this, a tutorial would be wonderful. So gorgeous!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

These are wonderful Silvy, that ornament is awesome... I really need to make one of these today. Very cool!

Crafty Num Nums said...

So pretty!!!! I would love to know how you made it. I am changing the decorations on my tree this year and I wanted to make a crafty tree, these would be prefect :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Sylvia,

I have seen your comments on my friend Jess's blog forever and I decided to pop by today and check out your blog these orniments are AMAZING!!! I love them!!!

Heather

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Hi Silvia,

Could you email me, I can't seem to find a contact email for you and would like to talk to you about a little something! Thanks! Denise :)

whimsystamps@gmail.com

Lisa said...

That is beautiful, I love how that looks, I would love a tutorial on it.

Jodie from Oz said...

OMG, this ornament is amazing, please make a tutorial. Thanks for inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

southernscraps said...

What an awesome ornament!