I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A little Birdie...

Hello hello! By now you have probably seen the amazing sketch for this week...if not please scroll down :)

I love this sketch, I like the two pieces going perpendicular to the main image panel! For my two pieces I have used the faux suade technique (when you rub a bone folder along one side of a piece of paper and the fibers start to separate, when you peel the two layers apart it looks like suade!) on the two blue strips...they look really cool in real life!



So I am seriously in LOVE with this image, it's a RAM image and it's called Birthday Parade The little owls are too stinkin cute I tell ya! I love them!

I colored my image with watercolor pencils and I think my coloring is getting better! ;) At least that's what I like to tell myself (still dreaming of copics...someday!) and cut it out using the nestabilities label 9 set...love this set of dies! To complete the card I thought some blong was in order...yes this was a boy card...and yes I did infact give it to a little boy last night for his 6th birthday...but a little bling never hurt anyone!

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Parade from the RAM collection for PWCO.

Ink: Stazon black
Paper: So saffron, vanilla, Prism blue and green. DP is jillibean soup, cream of mushroom

Accessories: watercolor pencils, blender pens, rhinestones, bigshot, nesties labels 9,

dimentionals, bone folder (for faux suade technique)

Thank you sooo much for stopping by!


Hugs and happy Stampin'



Silvia

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

cedar chests said...

I agree to Tenia Nelson, It's super cute! It is perfect for my baby angel. She is going to celebrate her first birthday on this coming September. How can I purchase that card?

Xvienz said...

Very thoughtful blog