I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Athens, Greece

Hey there,

I have been a little MIA...but with a good excuse! We went to Athens for a little get away! It was absolutely AMAZING! the kids has a great time too...they love going to museums! Here is my favorite quote from my 4yo. daughter! We were walking around the new Acropolis Museum (where they don't allow pics, BOO!) and she is looking at all the amazing 4000 yo. statues and she says, "They are all naked...that is SOOOO not allowed!" hahaha that girl cracks me up! Here are a couple pics for ya! Hope you are having a great day!
The family in front of the Parthenon...got a really nice guy from Brazil to take the pic for us!
Here is a picture of the Parthenon, it is located at the Acropolis...and is Greece's most famous temple...But, did you know that people lived at the Acropolis as early as 5000 B.C.!!!
I really neat door, I love the colors and the neat design!

This is Hadrian's Arch, built by the Roman emperor himself. The inscription facing the Acropolis reads, "This is Athens, the ancient city of Theseus." and the other side reads, "This is the city of Hadrian, not of Theseus." hmmm I think someone was self indulgent.

Anywho, these are just a few of the many pics I took...I didn't get to do down to the Monastiriki like I wanted (due to rain and little children needing naps, ohh yes and a strike that blocked the road!) But I am going back at the end of October for my 10K run...so there are more pics to be seen!

Thanks for stopping by!

XOXOXO

No comments: