I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Making Two Byrds with one Stone!

Today's Bible Verse...one of my faves!
" Love Suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself; is not puffed up; does not behave rudely; does not seek it's own; is not provoked; thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in truth; bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Many people love 1 Corinthians for many reasons...I think the most popular verse in there is 1 Corinthians 14:13, but I like to read back a few verses to see what the Lord is trying to tell us about true love. He is suffering everyday because He loves us sooo much and there are many in this world that deny Him. He is not envious that we lvoe the things of this world more than we love Him. He does not make himself seem greater than the world, in acutality He reminds us that we will most likely be pursecuted for our belief in Him.
One of the most powerful words in this verse for me is "bears all things" He really did bear it all for us, He paid the ultimate price by dying on the cross for us! But even before that He choose to come down from the heavens above to live on this earth with sinners so that we could one day be in heaven with Him. I love how this verse not only shows us His unchanging love for us, but it's also a model for how we should live our lives with our spouces. We should not look for their faults but look to praise them and lift them up. What do you like about this verse? Don't suffer anymore and don't make Him suffer anymore, turn to Him and walk in His ways, love Him as He loves you!
Engagement Party Signature Book
Todays project features a wedding gift for my SIL's sister. I love this girl and have watched her grow as a person for the last 10 years. She has a beautiful relationship with her Fiance (they have dated for the past 5 years) and I am sooo excited that they will finally be joining in marriage!
Here is the cover to this sweet little book, it measures 5 1/8 square and it is covered with Designer paper using Modge Podge. I then stamped the little birdies using Stazon Black ink and colored their beaks with pumpkin pie stampinwrite marker. If you look closely the little bird has a little rhinestone on her wing...hehehe I just couldn't help myself!
I created a Belly Band to close the book when everyone was done signing. I used Orchid Oplulance card stock and more of he unkown designer paper and some very vanilla for the monogram (I used the Olivia Cuttlebug Alphabet for the "B") Some circle rhinestones and the cober was done!

Here's a picture of the back opened up ...I used 2 CDLiterature Folders to create the book. The books are made of fiberboard and are pretty sturdy! I will be using these in the future to house my picture CD's from my Digital camera. If you would like some of these CD folders they are 10 for $5 plus shipping to you! That's only 50cents a pice!

In this picture you can see the fisrt page, I covered it with some designer paper and punched out the little tab incase she wanted to put some little memorabilia inside, in the orchid scallop I will be putting their saying...which is "Making two Byrds with one Stone" as you guessed their last name will be Byrd!

Here is one of the two pockets that the book will have...traditionally tis is where the CD's or DVD's would go, but I'm using it for tags in case we run out of writting room! I will also be taking pictures while at the party and then will save the pictures to a CD and give it to the Bride and Groom...I did this for my sister when she had a bridal shower and it was extremly well taken!

This little book might be small, but it packs a punch! There are 14 pages that can be witten on plus the 6 or so tags! What do you think? Would you like some of the CD folders? If so please e-mail me at mabieme1999@yahoo.com with CD Folders in the subject line! Again they come in sets of 10 and cost $5 plus shipping to you... shouldn't be too expensive and I will check exact price so you can get the most for your money!

Supplies:

Stamps: A little Birgy Told me, Together Forever

Ink: Stazon Black, river rock

Paper: Unkown wedding pack of designer paper, very vanilla and orchid Opulance

Accessories: Rhinestones, markers, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, Big Shot, Olivia Cuttlebug Alphabet, orchid Opulance ribbon, Silver grosgrain ribbon, 2 inch marvy scallop square punch

I also played in Angels challenge over at Angelosity... Her challenge today was to use a bird in your creation! Haven't check out her blog yet? You need to! Her loot is just amazing!!!...there's still time to be entered!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stampin'

May God Bless you today and Always!

Silvia

6 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

ooh..now that is delightful! You are one talented lady.

Jami said...

What a beautiful gift for your sis - love the little rhinestone!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful verse with me again!!
hugs,Jami

Angel said...

That is a lovely book and I am sure they will LOVE it!

Stacy Morgan said...

THis is such a great little idea and so personal. wonderful job Silvia!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable, Silvia!!

Carin said...

Such a sweet book to give as a gift! My husband & I used that verse in our wedding... so it is a favorite. You have people say, "love isn't suppose to hurt," but it does hurt sometimes... no better example of that then what God's love did to His Son for us.