I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Friday, January 2, 2009

I did it!!! I stamped something!!!

I have been working on these cute little tins for my nieces and thought I would show them to you today! I have been super busy lately...I'm sure most of you have with the holidays and extra kids at home and all, but I have also been packing...we're movig to Greece in a couple of moths and I am super excited...the mover come on Monday and then I move in with my paresn't...should be interesting...until we move in March! But I did get something done that I want to show you! I will have even more tomorrow...crazy I know...me showing you something 2 days in a row after being MIA for so long!
Anywho, you wanna see what I made? Of course you do!!!

This actually went along with todays LSC201 challenge over at www.splitcoaststampers.com to use some of your favorite things...I almost took it literally and used a stamp set by My Favorite Things and used the Isabelle Paper Doll set...I just LOVE this set... the girl is just too cute and the other images are soooo much fun to color!!! I stamped the girls with stazon black ink and colored them with water color pencils and then used a blender pen to get them nice and smooth...I then cut out the pretty papers and letters (using the Olivia Alphabet from Cuttlebug with my Big Shot machine) and added 2 coats of Modge Podge over everything to make sure it stuck super well...the girls are only almost 4 and 5...so they needed to be sturty and not too many layers or embelishments.I also used some old retire SU! papers...come of my faves that I have been hoarding...New Year New me...no more Hoarding! Here is the inside, you can see that I cut out all the little pieces after I colored them and then added Untra Thick embossing enamel to the front and back of each piece, be sure to just put one coat as the UTEE will start to crack if too many coats are added! I then attached a little piece of magnet to the back of each (I used a piece from a self adhesive buisness card I had laying around) and Voila!
Here is a look at the inside. I used more pretty paper on the left and adhered the girl and the dresser right to the paper with another coat of Modge Podge. Stamped the shoes and hangers directly on the "wall" and "floor" of the room. Thats about it! I kow my nieces will love playing with it as much as I have enjoyed making it!

Supplies:

Stamps: Fashion Statements (SU!) Isabelle Paperdoll (My Favorite Things)

Ink: Stazon Back

Paper: Whisper white, retired SU! designer papers, pretty in pink, pumpkin pie and chocolate chip

Accessories: Big Shot, cuttlebug alpha, modge podge, scallop boarder punch, water color pencils, blender pen

Thanks for stopping by!

May God bless you today and always!

Happy New Year!

Silvia

P.S. Sorry for the bad pics...I was having a time trying to take them!

3 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

HOW cute is this!!!???? I love it! Glad you;re back in "blogland" LOL. Happy New Year!

Stacy Morgan said...

So so cute Silvia! YOu better send me your address!!!! Before you arrive at your new place, preferably! :0)

Julia said...

These are adorable!!