I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Same ol Same ol

So I am finally back and I actually started and finished something I stamped this week! I have another card that I have been working on and have not quite put the finishing touches on...not that it's anything spectacular, I just haven't had too much time!

Anywho, here are the cards for todays same same challenge! They were actually inspired by todays limited supplies challenge on splitcoststampers LSC157 For this challenge we were to use only one stamp image andit had to be a flower...that's it! Just one stamp image, no cuttlebug, no patterned paper, no rub-ons, no background stamps...NOTHING!!! But we were limitless on the embelishments! I decided to make mine on the simple side and actually made 2 cards in less than 20 minutes! Start to finish! I was very pleased with the results too!

For the fisrt card I opted to go with chocolate chip, purely pomegranate, certainly celery and whisper white. I really liked how these colors looked together and the card looked good enough to eat, it actually reminded me of the sample ice cream I had at costco the other day! LOL
This is a normal sized car measuring 4.25x5.5 and the purely pomegranate layer is 4x5.25.
The certainly celery layer measures 2x4 with the whisper white measuring 1 7/8 x 3 7/8, and the small layer of chocolate chip behind the flower image measures 1x5.25. The stamping is easy! All you have to do is stamp the flower in purely pomegranate several times with pomegranate ink all over and then once again on the whisper white. Thest I stamped the chocolate ship over lay over the flower as well as the stem. Then I added the celery mat and added the jumbo eyelet with my crop-a-dial, tied a pretty ribbon and mounted on dimentionals! that is that! Like I said...super easy!

My next card measures just the same, but I used a couple different colors...after all the challenge is same same...same stamps, same layout, different colors!

For this card I choose to keep my chocolate chip base (it's one of my fav colors!) and added a color that I very rarely use...almost amathyst and so saffron (a bit more loved!) followed the same steps as above and called it a day!

I really like how both of these cards turned out...there are endless possibilities and I am actually thinking of making a set of cards just like this as a gift for my next hostess!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you join me in this challenge! If you do please use keyword SSMS05 if uploading to splitcoaststampers and be sure to leave me a comment so that I can see your gorgeous work!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stampin'

Silvia

No comments: