I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Inspiration Challenge

So today I really wanted to stamp and had no place to really begin! So I went to the inspiration challenge posted on Sturdays to see if anything spraked my creativity! This what the inspiration! The image they had was from a bedroom at the Thomas Benton Grey House Bed and Breakfast This room looks very nice and country...which is not my stamping style, but I thought, Hey why not stretch myself today! So country I tried! Here is a picture of the room:





Titled Blue Room






I just loved the white picket fence headboard and the 3 framed hearts really spoke to me. Foe some reason though I decided that I needed to have some lacy details in my card, I think lace, to me, is the epitomy of classic french county!






So here is my card! What do you think?



I used the heart in the center of the bed and used flowers for the two side ones instead of more he


arts! I really do like how it turned out and I hope you like it too! I just love the heart "lace" detail, but my favorite would have to be the glitter...anything that shimmers really! Although that blue taffeta ribbon really does add a whole lot to the card...if I do say so myself! I wanted the sentiment to stad out a bit more and so I used a bolder sentiment, I like how it makes a statement, just as I hope the card does when I send it to it's recipient!

Here is the supply breakdown!

Stamps: Always, sincere solitude

paper: shimmery white, bashful blue, blue bayou

ink: bashful blue, blue bayou

accessories: ribbon, tombo mono, dazzling diamonds, fiskars border punch, square rhinestone brads

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stampin'

Silvia

2 comments:

Kari said...

Beautiful card! I love it! The ribbons and the rhinestone brads are a great touch! Thanks for inspiring!!!

KOstvig said...

very nice silvia, very pretty