I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Color Skteches and family fun!

So I made a card today for the color challenge for yesterday and the Sketch challenge for today. I'm a little daunted by the large sized panels, but iIthink the card tunned out okay! I love the colors though and definately plan on using them again soon!

I don't know about both of those back panels being Kiwi kiss, maybe I should of done the one behind the main image in baja for a more eye catching effect, but whats done is done I guess! I stamped the calander in Baja and I do like that, then I just wrote in the numbers and stamped a little symbol over my friends birthday...I hope she likes it!


Supplies:
Stamps: Mark the Date. Defining alphabet
Ink: Stazon Black, kiwi kiss, Baja Breeze
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Very vanilla
Accessories: organdy and grosgrian ribbon

And now for some family pics...it's been a while since I shared any photos of the kids, so here goes nothing! Today we decided to collect some acorns...and collect we did! I decided after we had collected a bunch of them that we would incorporate this into a math lesson/homeschool type thing (since I'll be homeschooling when we move I figured I would give it a go and see how it went!) Anywho, we collected and collected and collected some more! Then we dumped them all into this discus sled that we have and I had the kids try and guess how many acorns we had collected! Once we had all guessed we counted them by tens...a lot of tens!!! We have 580 acorns...our goal is to collect 1000...so we are more than half way there! LOL After we counted we got 2 cups (one small and one big) and tried to guess how many small and large cups it would take to fill up a sand bucket of acorns (working on predictions counts for science too! LOL) I can not believe that we spent a whole afternoon surrounded with activities with acorns! We had a blast, we were outdoors, we were learning and it was all FREE!

Once we did all our school work we played some games. We worked on our hand eye coordination. Then we played tossing games, first we had to get it in the buckets closest to us, once we got it in that bucket we moved on to the next one until we got an acorn in all 4 buckets...the kids had a blast and so did I...watch out squirels we there are other nut lovers in town!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you liked my card and my little ramblings!

Happy Stampin'

Silvia

1 comment:

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute pictures, love the card Silvia. That was a lot of acorns too.