I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's my Birthday!

Yup, today I turned 29...and although I had HUGE plans for this weekend...God had other plans for me! I was supposed to go up to my parents (they live an hour away) Friday night and once the kids went to bed my sister and I were to go see Nights In Rodanthe...but alas those plan failed. Mela our oldest girl got sick and released her dinner all over the car seat on the way back from taking David to pre-school only a couple miles away...so we stayed home instead!
This is my sweet angel David...he's 4.5 but a gentelman in training! When he woke up this mornin he snuggled in with me in our bed and just started talking and chatting as nirmal and then he remembered on his own that it was my birthday and just started singing...then he got up and told me to stay in bed and he would call me whem he was ready. So he finally called me into the kitchen and this is what he had to show me!

Yup...He decorated the kitchen for my birthday! Pink is my fav color and so he got the pink streamers, his scissors and some tape and went to town...okay so maybe the ones on the chandelier werent there, he asked me to put those up because he couldn't reach...Ohhh my kids just melt my heart...he seriously made me cry with joy today!
What a birthday it turned out to be! Hubby (thats a picture of hubby and oldest DD Mela above...isn't he just the most handsome thing!) got home and made us breakfast and then baked me a super moist super yummy chocolate cake...and then he made me the BEST steak I have ever eaten, and I used to work at a steak house! He also made me my fav...sweet potatoes baked in the oven and baked beans...let me tell you he spoiled me!
I have been having some issues with my shoulder, back and neck and the sweet man got me a gift certificate for a one hour massage...I can not wait to use that bad boy!!! I also got the warmest coziest micro fleece blanket to put on our bed...LOVE IT!!!

Here is a picture of me and the girls...Bella is such a hoot! She lunged foward at the last second and made the cutest face! I can not believe she is such a comedian already!

And then last week I sold my beloved cuttlebug so that I could save the money and get a SU! BigShot and wouldn't you know it that 2 of my friends chipped in and got me the rest of the money I needed to get it! (Thanks Nikki and Danielle, you girls rock!) So I will be ordering it on Oct. 1st!!!

My In-laws are treating me to lunch tomorrow and I think my sister is coming down tomorrow afternoon...so I think this is turning out to be a FANTASTIC birthday!

Ohh and I got to stamp!
I made 3 cards and a super cute box...although I can't show you the box just yet I will show you one of the cards I made! It was for the IC147 on SCS...I don't usually have time on Saturdays to get the challenge done since we usually go to church on the days hubby is off, but this was a nice change for me. I love love love how this card turned out. I actually combined some challenges...not only the challenge for today, but also Thursdays challenge to add a charm to your card/project.
This is the inside fo the card...just trying some new things out and I really like extending the design of the card to the inside!
Thanks for looking!
Supplies:
Stamps: Beautiful thing
Ink: Old Olive, certainly celery, pumpkin pie, stazon black
Paper: Old Olive, natural white, basic black, DS paper
Accessores: Punches (circles and ky tag) rhinestones, Stamp-a-majog (thanks Kathy...worked like a charm!) ribbon, charm
Have a stamp happy day!
Thanks for stopping by!
Silvia

8 comments:

Beverly said...

Happy Birthday Sylvia! So glad that you were spoiled on your special day! ...can't wait to see what you make with your mr. Big Shot!

Alice said...

Hi Silvia!!! Happy Birthday!!!
Alice

Cyndi said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to SILVIAAAaaaaaaa

Happy Birthday to you!

Stacy Morgan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Silvy it sounds like you had the greatest birthday. I love all the pictures, that was so sweet of your DS. Big hugs....

Jessica Diedrich said...

Well, a VERY happy birthday to you...and can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE that card? You did a beautiful job with it. It's gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday!

Just to warn ya... .the big shot is on backorder until the 16th.... so pack your patience! LOL!

Angel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! sounds like you had a wonderful time!! and what a good looking family!

Julia said...

Happy belated birthday!