I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

MFT Guest desinger contest once again!


Geez I feel like I just had this post title! I can NOT believe it's already been a month and here we are again...pretty soon it will be 2009!!!


I really enjoyed making todays MFT guest designer card today (but infact I love any card making!) We had to use a background stamp and use it for something other than a background! So I stamped my SU! Folral background stamp twice on 2 sheets of shimmery 3x4 pieces of white cardstock and then cute them, one legth wise and the other width wise. Then I wove them together and sponged the edges.

I matted the woven piece onto pink passion card stock and then again onto chocolate chip cardstock. I also used my distressing tool to distress the later of pink passion cardstock at the bottom and then layered it under chocolate chip...leaving a little bit of the white at the bottom ( I just love how that looks!)

Once I was done with the card and main panel it was onto embelish. I started by adding the 2 pieces of ribbon and then stamped the floral BG image onto the button with stazon timber brown ink and added a rhinestone (thanks Diane) to the center of the button to cover the holes. Lastly, for the sentiment I punched out the pink passion key tag in pink passion and then the large circle in chocolate chip and I used my markers to omit the scallop on the punch and used only the candles and happy birthday...adding glitter and sponging finished it off!

Supplies:

Stamps: Floral BG stamp, so many scallops

ink: pink passion, chocolate chip, Stazon timber brown

paper: shimmery white, pink passion, chocolate chip

Accessories: punches, ribbon, sponge, dimentionals, primas, rhinestones, buttons, distressing tool

Thanks for stopping by! Best of luck to all who made a creation for the My Favorite Guest Contest!

Happy Stampin'



No comments: