I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some Pages & a Card

So one of my very best friends (Wendy) asked me if I would be interested in making some samples for an LSS about 30 minutes from our house...of course I said YES!!! They provided me with the supplies, all I had to add were pictures and adhesive and we were on our way! So here are the pages and the card I created...
I'm a little behind on my scrapbooking, so I decided to use this opportunity to make some pages of my sweet middle daughter, who just turned 2.5 last week! The pictures in these pages were taken during her first few days of life...isn't she just precious! I love how our son just loves...even now, although there is a bit more screaming and yelling these days!


Here is the rest of the double page spread...my mom and sister just loved looking into her eyes when she was born! The base for this spread I used SU! barely banana card stock and stamped the top 2/3 with the Sassafrass Lass stamp set. I then used some textured and shinny bazzil paper and created boarders and lastly I used some of the Heidi grace papers and embellishments. For the letters I used my cuttlebug Hippie Chick alphabet and I made the pea pod...cute huh?

This is a close-up of the little pea... I was very excited about it because I actually drew and created that little pod myself...cute don't you think? I even cut that paper strip teeny tine and curled it! Sponges the edges and called it a day. The little pea is actually made from the polka dotted paper in the BG and it it fuzzy... I love this Heidi Grace line!
And here is the card! I had some left over materials and wanted to show the versatility of the supplies, so I decided to make a card to go along with the pages...as a spring board I used the Featured Stampers (FS70) from today's challenge YLM's card here...Just basically copied the layout and used different embellishments and papers...I went old school and used mt pencil to make a curve on the back of the card stock and then used my scalloped scissors (gasp!!!) to created the scallop...traced again and cut it out with regular scissors for the curved designer paper...used some left over embellishments and voila...card complete!
Now the kids saw me crafting and they decided that they needed to make a project too, so I got out the glitter and glue and let them go at it...Isn't Emelia cute?


David said that one is for his Visavo and Visavo ( I know this looks like the same word, but they are missing their accents...how do you add them on a blog?) that live in Portugal...how sweet is he!


That's all I have to share with you for now!


Thanks for stopping by!


Happy Stampin'


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This I don't know if I could handle. Those people are just a bit messy. And to know that the glitter is going in between the cracks of the grout....ugh. I'm a bad, bad, non-crafty mama.

But I looooove the pages! That pea just KILLED me. I caught a glimpse of it in the first photo of that side of the spread and I thought, "She. did. NOT."

But alas, you did. Highly clever. And totally biologically correct, for a pea. I'd know, cause mine are almost ready for pickin'.

Love ya!

Courtney said...

Oh, that layout is to DIE FOR. The card is gorgeous... and the kiddos are ADORABLE!

Judy Rozema said...

You are a brave soul with the glitter!! But I think I did the same thing when my kids were little! They loved glitter! I have been catching up on all the posts I missed while I was in Ireland - some awesome projects and cards on here, girl!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful pages----great pictures too (where does the time go!?)

I love how you created a card with the extra scraps.

Great pics of the kids---that is a lot of glitter. lol!

Kim said...

BRAVE mom to turn kids loose with glitter and glue!! great pages and cute kids!