I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

A family Affair

So today is the last day to enter your projects into the My Favorite Things guest designer contest and we made it a family affair! For the contest we had to create a project, card etc. with animals being the theme, I unfortunately didn't have any MFT animals, but had a bunch of other animals...so my though was hey why not make an arc...Noahs Arc!


I was had finished cutting out my arc and then scored it with my FAV new toy the Scor-Pal (let me tell you it made making wood slats soooo much easier than ever imaginable!) anyways I stamped my animals on water color paper and my DS and DD said hey we wanna color! So I went ahead and stamped some images for them and some for DH too! It was soo much fun for all of us to sit and color together! DD2 missed out on the even because she was napping...although she's not one yet and probably would of just chew on the paper, markers or more than likely BOTH! Hahaha


So onto my card! I started with a whole piece of shimmery white cardstock and scored it in hald at 5.5 inches. After scoring and folding I used the scor-pal again to make my "wood" lines scoring fisrt length wise and then flipping it to get the smalled slat look. I then traced my pattern (drew is on a piece of scrap paper to see if I liked it first) onto the cardstock and cut it out. Once it was cut I used a sponge wedge and just rubbed from sidet o side to get a more "grainy look" and sponged the edges as well...thats pretty much it for the arc.


I stamped all the animals on water color paper and colored and cut them out...MAN did that take forever! Really all day...although I would cut out an animal then play with the kids...come back later and do it all again! Once all the animals were cut out I just adhered them in and trimmed them up as needed.




There is a window in the boat...I decided at the last second to add more wood because the window leads to the inside and now I can't make up my mind wether I like it or not! Anywho, I think I got all the info down...I did use the jumbo eyelets to make them look like the port holes on a ship...
I wanted to show you a view from a different angle so you can see the wood...what do you think? Isn't it neat! Thanks sooo much for stoping by!



Happy Stampin'






4 comments:

Courtney said...

This card is adorable! ALMOST as adorable as your family!!

Stacey said...

DITTO, DITTO Courtney!!!
This card is ADORABLE!!! I just LOVE it!!
And I have to agree again with Courtney, your family is adorable as well. How totally sweet!!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable family project!
(adorable family, too!)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Just amazing! Love these pics and your card is pure art! :O)