I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday's Teacher

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I am so ready for Tuesday's Teacher today it's not even funny! It's amazing what you can do when you are on task and plan ahead! Here is todays Bible verse.


"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on." Matthew 6:25


I love that verse... I find myself worrying about the smallest things. Are the kids getting enough to eat, are they drinking too much? Am I feeding them well enough now to establish a healthy relationship with food later on? Am I a good mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend? Am I completing all the task I SHOULD? I sometimes worry or frett over anything, I need to learn to let go of the things I can not control and give them to God. He is my creator and he will take care of all our needs! Now I'm not saying that we should go out and live our lives carelessly taking no regard for rules and regulations, what I am saying is that the Lord WILL provide if you just give Him the chance and no it won't always be in the way we think, God is going to work in our lives, sometimes he takes a detour to show teach us something or teach us to grow, but He will get you where he needs you to be.


God is amazing not just because of who he was but also becuase of who he is and who he will always be! God is not just Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, he is also our savior now, today, tomorrow and always. He is as much alive now as he was 2K years ago and he wants us today to be with Him in heaven just as much as our ancestors...so trust in Him. Trust that He will guide you in the right direction. Trust that the Lord will take care of all your needs and trust that even though we might not know what will happen next in our lives God does! This is just my opinion, I am NOT a theologian and have no degree in theology. Thank you!



Todays Tutorial is: Pencil Box Tutorial


So I will be showing you how to make a super simple pencil box out of less than half a sheet of cardstock. So get your Scor-Pal out and get ready for some fun!



Here are the supplies you will need:
-sheet of cardstock measuring 3 7/8 x 11
-Sheet of cardstock measuring 2 x 8 1/2
-scraps of white, more mustard, and not quite navy
-Linnen or some sort of thread or fiber and eyelets, brads, baubles to decorate stamps and ink of choice as well as some strong adhesive.

Step one: move cardstock to the 7/8inch mark and scrore the cardstock at the 8.5 inch mark. Slide the cardstock back to the corner and score afain at 8.5 inches
Step two: rotate the cardstock length wise and move it to the 1/8 inch mark and score at the 1/5 inch mark






This is what your scored cardstock will look like.












Step3: in this step you will want to stamp both side of the cardstock in a stamp set of your choice. I liek to stamp both sides, makes for a nice suprize when the pencils get pulled out.


You will also want to cut the notches and crease the paper on this step. Just cut where the vertical and horizontal score marks intersect. Cut, but do not remove the notches!


Step 4 is super simple! Use a very strong adhesive to adhere the front flap to the back flap. I like to fold the flap in, add the adhesive of choice on both side and fold up. The bottom flap will be on the inside of the long flap...I tried it both ways and it just looks more finished when they are inside...do you know what I mean? Your box is finished!


Now for the Belly Band

You will need a piece of cardstock that measures 2 x 8.5

Step one is to move the cardstock to the 3/8 inch mark and core at 3 inches

Step two is to move the cardstock to the 1/4 inch mark and score at 6 inches Now flip the cardstock over and repeat one more time, band is done...time to decorate!

Voila...you have a ready to give gift. I did add a strip of adhesive to the inside top of the box to hold the pencils in place! I hope you like this tutorial...let me know if you decide to make one too!


Happy Stampin'




1 comment:

Courtney said...

adorable! Thanks for sharing!