I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Here comes the Bride...

So this weekend I did a workshop at my BFF from high school's Dad's house...does that make sense? Anywho, her dad and Dawn are finally getting married after 17 years of being together!!! YEAHHHHH Way to go Larry!!! Anywho I lvoe Dawn and she asked me to do a wedding themed workshop for her and some of her friends...I was all for it and very excited! Her wedding colors (I say her because you know do the guys REALLY care???) are black, white and Old Olive...a very nice color combo I might add! They are getting married on May 31st and they are getting married on a golf course (14th greem, not that it has any significance, just the prettiest on that particular course) So you wanna see the samples? Here they are!

Tin Favor top view



I just LOVE how this turned out! This tin is the 8oz tin and I used the tissue paper on the inside and stamped the images with black stazon ink. I used 2 stamp sets: a little birdie told me and Always. Love both of those! I wanted the little birdie to be the same size...not use the large and small from that set. But since stamping the small one twice wouldn't make them face face each other I got a brilliant idea!!! I stamped the first little birdie on the right side of the tin....are you sitting down for my genious plan???.... took the lid off and placed it face down...then stamped the little birdie again on the INSIDE of the lid...pure genious I know!

Tin Favor side view





This is a view of the tins from the side. aren't they cute? For the name and date I used the write me a memory Vol2 font CD from Su! and I think the font is passing notes. I sponged the edges just a little and this time i printed it in black because I wanted it to stand out a bit more. I Punched the name and date with the 1 1/4 inch punch and then the black with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch and finally a scallop circle out of old olive. To finish this up I just added a pretty little ribbon and called it a day! You can use this tin got sooo many things, candy, a little picture book. Wedding favors, bridal showers, baby showers, kids birthday parties! Let me know if you need any tins!


Sample Menu




This is the sample menu I came up with. I used the Vol2 write me a memory SU! font CD for each header and then I went to the website of the company that catered my sisters wedding last year and borrowed some yummy foods! The place is Called A La Carte and I HIGHLY recommend them. Karen is extremely professional and a delight to work with!













Place cards






These turned out super cute! Dawn is going to run the info through the computer and print the persons name and table number on each of the place settings and then place them on these clips so that guests know where to go...Won't these look sooo cute all lined up on a table? I think they will be a great conversation piece!











Wine Bottle Favors




These are the actual favors and I used a piece of laminate counter top sample found at Lowes or Home Depot to create these super cute little tags! What Supplies did I use? For this exact sample I used basic Black cardstock, ginger blossom designer series paper and whisper white cardstock. The font is from the SU! Write me a memory Vol2 CD and I used the RGB chart to print the color in Old Olive from my printer. To finish this project off I used Always artichoke 1/4icnh grosgrain ribbon and tied it around the bottle.







If you have any questions about size, dimentions, technique, anything, please let me know with either a comment or an e-mail!



Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin'

No comments: