I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuesday's Teacher...ON A TUESDAY

So I actually got my tutorial done on a Tuesday!!! Shocker I know!!! Here is today's AWESOME verse! It can really get you thinking so be ready for it!

Let us go up at once and take possession of the land, for we are well able to overcome it. -Numbers 13:30

What does this mean? What land am I talking about? For me it's not a real land but more of a metaphor. A goal that is just shy out of my reach with mountains to overcome! There will always be obstacles. Some of them are of our own failings, some are from the interferance of the enemy, yet others are a result of the hardness in men's hearts. Pray today that God's Spirit will overcome the hindrences that keep people from the openness to the love of God. Pray that we may use the power of prayer to help us overcome our fears, our pbstacles, our mountains to reach the goals we have before us, take possession of those goals and ask God to help you realize them!

Envelope Bag Tutorial

For today's tutorial, I did not take a picture of all the supplies used...big slacker here! So here is a list for you!

Supplies:

-envelope, wheel, wheel handle, card stock of various coordinating color, ribbon, liquid glue, some accessories and of course stamps and ink.




the first step in creating a beautiful envelope bag is to start off by sealing the envelope shut!

Once you have sealed your envelope, you will want to decorate it. I choose to use the Petals jumbo wheel with Purely Pomegranate ink











Once you have decorated the envelope to your liking, use your paper trimmer with a scoring blade to score on 3 sides of the envelope along once inch and all 3 sides









Next you will want to remove the scoring blade and use the cutting blade to trim off about 1/4 inch from the side that was not scored











YOu will then want to use the score marks as your guide to make the envelope into a pouch, leaving the bottom triangles out and ready to be adhered



Nest you will want to use a strong adhesive to secure the bottom triangle flaps (I used mono multi because it is strong enough for the job and it is also fast drying)
This is what the bag will look like once you have secured the bottom.
YOu will now want to pinch the side in and place your goodies iside...I used coorditating nuggets inside.
the last step is to decorate either a little tag or a nice medalion and your done!
For my bag closure I used my rectangle punch and punched 2 wholes, threaded the ribbon through both of the front holes, criss crossed it in the back and then threaded it back to the front...super easy and looks great too!
I really liek how this turned out and the touch of Saffron really adds to the medalion!
Here are the supplies I used
Stamps: Petal jumbo wheel, Heartfelt Thanks, Polka Dots and Petals, Everytday Flexible Phrases
Ink: Purely pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, chocolate chip craft ink
Paper: Whisper white envelopes, wild wasabi, purely pomegranate, whisper white
Accessories: rich regals brads, rectangle punch, purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon
Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Happy Stampin'
Silvia

2 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

Great tutorial. Thanks loads for sharing this.

Catalina Alvarez said...

Wow!! I love this tutorial!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Cata