I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

5 Dirty Challenges 2 Cards!

So yesterday I didn't get any stamp time and now I'm playing catch up on the Dirty Dare Challenges. The first one actually also incorporated a challenge from JullieHrr on Tuesday to make a one layer card! I really do like one layer cards, they are fun to make and super cute...not to mention easy on the wallet! LOL

So for this card I have 3 challenges covored. JullieHRR for one layer, Lauren's challenge for Monochromatic cards, and Jenn Balcers Challenge, an inspiration challenge, I was inspired by the lush bow on that yummy looking cake, so I added a lush satin bow to my card!

If you notice near the top, I thought her clevage was a bit too low, so I made her wear a little lacy camie under her dress! I used the scallop punch and a 1/16th hole punch to create that!



I started off by sketching out a template on half a sheet of scrap paper and then cut it out of shimmery white cardstock (this is a full sheet folded in half), I then added the regal rose sponging and then the rose red sponging all around. The final step of stamping was to add the baroque motif stamp set stamped in purely pomegranate and the flower buds in regal rose.


Last, but certainly not leasy, I added the ribbon and these lush half pearls to make it look even more elegant. The ribbon turned out just like I had envisioned, but then I added the center pearl with too much adhesive (note to self, next time DON'T use pop up glue dots!) Maybe I can add some glitter to mask the huge blob of glue! All in all I'm pleased with how it turned out...I don't know who I'll be giving it to, but I hope they like it...whoever they are!


What You'll Need

Stamps: Baroque motifs

Paper: shimmery white cardstock

Ink: Regal rose, rose red, purely pomegranate

Accessories:ribbon, pearls (pretties kit) , scallop border punchsatin ribbon, 1/16th hole punch, sponges



This card was made for 2 challenges. Holly's Sketch challenge and Sharon's Stamp simply challenge. For this card it was mostly a paper cutting session and the card was done in a flash...I love how it turned out and I think the little birdie looks cute in that print!


What you'll need:


Stamps: A little birdie told me

Ink: Staz-on timber brown, really rust, chocolate chip

Paper: Chocolate Chip cardstock (su!) certainly Celery cardstcock (su!) really rust cardstock (su!) designer paper by BoBunny

Accessories: ribbon scallop border punch, sponge, 1/16th hole punch


Thanks for stopping by!



Happy Stampin'

Silvia (my cool signature isn't working!)

P.S. Don't forget about my BLOG CANDY here! There is still time before I pick a winner, and remember to check and see if anyone has refered you and to enter your name again if they have!

2 comments:

Cheryl KVD said...

OMG, is that dress BEAUTIFUL!! I absolutely love it!
Cheryl

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh Silvy that dress is fancy and so cool. I love that you put a cammy under the dress too. hee hee Going to case this for sure. love it!