I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Challenged by Roseann, Kittie, Laura, Jen,Lauren, and Taylor


WOW...that's a whole lot of challenges! So I made a couple more cards today and all together these two cards fit into 6 challenges! Good grief thats some major multi tasking! Here is a link for the Dare to get Dirty 08 challenges...if you are not a fan club member at SCS think about joining...lots of cool things to see and some fun playing in the challenges!

This fisrt card covers 4 challenges all on its own...now I'm not sure about the designer paper on the bottom flap...wish I hadn't adhered it until I finished my little scene...but such is life! So this covers Taylors challenge to make a card with a cupcake, Roseanns Challenge to make a flap card..tutorial here. Kitties challenge to make a scene...how do you like my little dinning room table, chairs and the lovely mirror on the back wall? It has a gold frae...used my painty pen! And last but not least, Laura's challenge for Detressing...I sure did use my sponge and distressor!
I even used 4 punches and my coluzzle! Talk about using my tools! For my closure I actually used a little piece of velcro since I don't have any magnest strong enough to hold through several sheets of cardstock and not look bulky!
What you'll need:
Stamps:Mark the date (for sentiment) Sock Monkey (for cupcake)
Ink: stazon timber brown, temting turquoise, basic black marker, pumpkin pie marker, chocolate chip craft pad for sponging
Paper: Purely pomegranate, bali breeze designer paper, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise, shimmery white bella rose designer paper
Accessories: scallop circle punch, painty pen, coluzzle, sponge, circle punches, word window punch
This next card I made for Laurens Monochromatic challenge and for Jen's Sketch challenge...bith were quite fu and the mono chromatic just happened but chance...because I am NO good at Monochromatic! I do like how it turned out though and I especially love the rub-ons on either side of the card...not much Stamping, but still pretty cute! This card measures 5.25 square. Once I got all the paper cut out and placed where I like it, the card itself actually came together pretty quick...I think I figured out that I am pretty much a paper and ribbon girl...I do try to use ore embelishments, but I just love my paper and ribbon!
For the flower based paper, I used the bali breeze designer paper that I cut and the punched with the scallop border punch and then punched each scallop with the 1/16th circle punch. The white cardstock is the shimmery white and thats about it! I stamped my sentiment on the designer paper itself...it was just too pretty and went well with the monochromatic theme!
What you'll need:
Stamps: Mark the date
Ink: Staz-on timber brown
Paper: old olive, certainly celery, shimmery white, bali breeze designer paper
Accessories: Crop-A-Dial (to punch the holes) celery ribbon, western rub-ons, scallop border punch, 1/16th holde punch, 1.25 and 1 3/8 square punches
Okay and last but CERTAINLY NOT least, I got to meet Beverly AKA as Beestamper on SCS...here is her AWESOME blog! She was doing at workshop close to my house so off I went with all three kids in tow to meet her! She is such a nice person and I had a blast meeting her and seeing her wonderful projects! Thanks Bev...chat with you soon!
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you all have a FAB rest of your weekend!
Happy Stampin'


P.S. Don't forget about the Blog Candy Post Here...I will be annoucing the winner probably around noon on Monday Eastern Standard time!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Oh my God!!
I love all your last works!!! So beautiful!!!