I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Shadow Box Frame Challenge

So I have been working on this shadow box for the gal I did the birth announcements, although I have been a major slacker and have not yet finished them...so today in the middle of cleaning house, doing laundry and having napping girls (the boys had a day out together) I made this little beauty!
Right now on Splitcoast stampers they are having the 4th Anniversary of the "Get Dirty 2008" and all week they are doing challenges for Fan Club members to play along with...we had 2 today One was Lauries to use Vellum and the other was Jody's to use ribbon. So what;s a girl to do but play along! I actually had a blast making this project. I have pretty much known what I was going to do from the minute she asked me to make it for her, I just had to sit down and do it! This is a 9x9 shadow frame that I picked up at Ikea and then I used the Berry Bliss designer paper (which is retiring by August 10th) and some purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon (no longer available). I also used a strip of vellum 4.25x5.5 and ran it through my cuttlebug embossing folder using the polka dots folder and added it to the top...covered my edges with the ribbon so that it all looks seemless!

This is a close up of the Bible verse...isn't it just the most amazing verse to use on a birth announcement? I love how the fonts look so nice together! Also in the corner I used a rubon to add more texture and dimention to the empty space...I have issues with "white space"

I wanted to be able to see the info that was on the inside of the announcement without having to tear it appart...I like how it looks with the top flap a little shorter, so I decided to cut a piece of the paper to fit in my printer and printed the info right on the dotted paper...leaving off the name and Bible verse of course!

I also had a wallet size picture of the birth announcement picture so I cut it out and added it...isn't it just too cute! her little hand is just too precious hangin out there!

The final touch was to add the little hearts...they are actually a rub on that I added to the glass once I had finished the frame...I hope she like it! If you would like a personalized shadow box for any occasion please feel free to contact me at mabieme1999@yahoo.com I will work with any size or theme.

What do I need?

Stamps: None...gasp!

Ink: none

Paper: Berry Bliss designer paper, vellum cardstock
Accessories: cuttlebug, dots embossing folder, pomegranate double stitched ribbon, bling, rub-ons, pictures, and a picture frame

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget about the blog candy here! You have until Monday to get your comments in!


3 comments:

JenniferL. said...

Ooh, that frame is really nice, I love what you did with it!

Anne Anderson said...

This is such a beautiful picture!!!! WOW! Great job. I got hooked on these posts by Carin....

Jenn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! This is absolutely amazing!