I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

You're a Classic!

Hey there ladies and Gents! Here is a little card to fit yesterdays Sketch Challenge and todays Ways To challenge...ways to use scraps was the challenge, and I used my scaps on the background as well as on the truck...I love how this little guy turned out!

It's a bit more shabby than I normally do, but this stamp totally called for it! It's a birthday card for my father in law and the stamp is called classic cars by Little paper shop...they are having awesome shipping right now...just a dollar for any order!

Anywho, I stamped the image on the very vanilla paper first and then I stamped it again on the designer paper (old Su! back from 05...it was a scrap!) and then I cut it out, I also used the exacto knife to cut out the windshield and window, and a 1/4 inch hole punch to cut out the headlight! I am not steady enought with the exacto for that! I then colored the lights barely banana and the windows sage shadow and applied Crystal effects to both...they look like glass...too cool! I adhered the designer paper right over the other stamped image, so now you can hardly even tell...I love paper piecing! It makes the whole thing look so awesome!

To finish off this card I used my Chocolate Chip craft pad and destressed all the edges and smudged it up a bit...made it look old! The sentiment was computer generated!

For the 3 strips behind the main image, I stamped the card on sahara sand using sahara sand ink and then sponged all the edges with always artichoke, added some hodge podge and called it a day!

What will you need:
Stamps: Classic Car from little paper shop
Ink: always artichokeclassic, shara sand classic, chocolate chip craft
Paper: Always artichoke, sahara Sand, very vanilla, retired SU! designer papers
Accessories: Hodge podge hardware, crystal effects, small oval punch, markers, sponges, 1/4 inch circle punch

Thanks for looking!

Happy Stampin'

1 comment:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cool Silvia! I love the car, great use of the sketch too.