I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Featured Stamper Challenge

Well we went to church last night and I'm just waiting for the bread dough to rise, so I thought I would pop on to see who the Featured Stamper challenge (FS76) was. It was Suziestampalot. So I too a peek at her Gallery on SCS here. (go ahead, you know you wanna look!)

What was I inspired by? I was inspired by this little beauty! Okay so I know my card doesn't look anything like the one you see in the link above, but I really really wanted to make an explosion card! So I used the same colors and dots and I even used some glitter...aren't you proud of me?
Here is a side view of the card...on the right hand flap I stamped Happy Belated Birthday. The pink paper was stamped with the Wanted stamp set in close to cocoa classic ink.

And this is a top view...isn't this card impressive? I know I would love to get a card like this for my birthday...even if it was late!

Like I said, I have been wanting to make an explosion card for a while and couldn't open Dawn's AWESOME video tutorial found here So I took the measurements that she had given at the top and fiddled with it for a while until I figured it out...trust me you wanna see her tutorial...I hear it's super easy to follow!

What do you need?

Stamps: Wanted, Older and wiser
Paper: close to cocoa card stock, Berry Bliss designer paper
Ink: Close to cocoa, stazon Timer brown
Accessories: scor-pal, glitter



Let me know if you need any help, I can always make a photo tutorial if you would like also!

NSR-Everyday Chit Chat

We had ourselves a good ol' family reunion today...my mother-in-laws side of the family and it was sooo nice to get together with everyone! We hadn't seen most of them in a couple of years (which is ridiculous cuz we don't live that far apart) So we all decided that we need to get together more often!

Here is a picture of Me-Maw (center) and Charlie and Aunt Pat. We just love these people and are so glad they are in our lives...Me-Maw is such an inspiration and such a wonderful woman of God! I pray that I will one day be as strong in my walk with Christ as she is! And this is a picture of all the kids there...we were missing about 5 kids on top of all the ones that were there...we are a bunch pf procreating fools! LOL

Thanks for stopin' by

Happy Stampin'

No comments: