I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Banana Bird

OKay so this card didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but I still like it...maybe I hoped it would look like this but missing a few things! Once I was done I thought...Hmmm I should of added some eyelets, or used my slot punch for the ribbon or maybe rock-and-rolled the bird in blue! Off well I think it turned out great and I love the paper underneath. This type of card is called a kickstand card...very cute, but VERY hard to get a good picture!

This card that I'm calling Banana Bird (for the sheer reason that it has a bird and uses Barely Banana cardstock!!!) was made for 2 challenges on Splitcoaststampers! The Color Challenge found here and the sketch challenge found here. These are a couple of the weekly challenges on splitcoaststampers and they are a ton o fun! Not to mention they get your creative juices flowing!

Although this card was fun to make, I think I might take a little more time and plan it out alittle better next time!


So what are the supplies you ask?

Stamps: Spring Solitude
ink: barely banana, wild wasabi, bayou blue, chocolate chip craft
paper: wild wasabi, barely banana, blue byaou, certainly celery DS paper
accessories: wasabi double stitched grosgrain ribbon, scallop punch, coluzzle cutting system, sponge.

Happy Stampin,
Silvia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SSSSIIILLLLVIAAAAAA!!!

I JUST found your blog and read EVERY entry and enjoyed EVERY picture!!

Happy New Year, my stamping friend!!

Squirrelly Shirley