I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bali Beautiful!

So everyone knows that the new catalog is in my happy little hands, but so are some fab stamps from the catalog pre-view brochure! I haven't had much time to stamp lately, 3 kids and a horrible cold sure can keep a girl down! I managed to sneak into the disaster of a stamp room today and actually made a card!!! I love the new papers and stamps, ohhh and did I mention the rub ons??? yum!!! This is a regular sized card (5.5x4.25) and I used shimmery cardstock as the base, then added a little bit of the new scrumptious bali beeze paper (2x5.5 to be exact) and used the small corner rounder without the guard to make scallops (don't know how to do that? Come back on Tuesday for a tutorial!) and used the 1/16th hand held punch to make holes. Next I used a sponge that I cut into sections and inked up with tempting turquoise and sponged the edges of the Designer paper. For the main image I used a 3inch square of tempting turquoise card stock, a 2 7/8 square of appricot appeal (looking closely now, I should of probably used goorvey guava instead, but hey I still like it!) and then I used a 2 5/8 square of certainly celery followed lastley by a square of 2.5 wisper white for the main image. (Now I know this sounds like a lot of card stock, but I used only scraps, so I was being resorceful! LOL) As for stamping, there really wasn't a lot t it! I stamped the main image flower with appricot appeal and the sentiment in tempting turquoise, added the rub-on to the flower and the ribbon to the card and that's all she wrote! I hope you like this card! The rub-ons are great, super easy to use and I just love their versatility!

Supplies: All SU! unless otherwise stated!

Stamps: A beautiful thing

ink: Appricot Appeal, tempting turquoise

paper: shimmery white CS, tempting turquoise, appricot appeal,

certainly celery cs. Bali Breeze Designer paper

Accessories: 1/16th corner rounder, 1/16th circle punch,

sponge, rectangle hand held punch, ub-ons

No comments: