I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tuesday's Teacher

Hi there and welcome back to Tuesdays Teacher! Here is todays verse.


He (Jesus) went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed. Mark 1:35

Gosh, where do I begin with this scripture! In todays world of go go go, meetings, deadlines, for me as a stay at home mom I struggle with a house to clean, babies to feed, clothes to wash... where do we have time to squeeze in the Lord? I know I have issues with this! I have tried to get up early and commit to reading the bible and praying, but being I am more of a night owl than a morning person, this really didn't work for me. So whats next, I know I can't find a moment of quiet when the kids are awake! So I have now pushed my quiet time with my God, my personal Lord and Savior, my BEST friend to right befor I go to bed. But really am I being a good best friend? With this busy time of year, the extra Christmas cheer, and overwhelming urgency to get everything PERFECT I have noticed that I have been skimping out on the most important person in my life. I am not being the friend that I need to be, and it makes me sad that I am putting Him last instead of first. I need to commit to spending more time with Him and less time making life about me! So here is my challenge to you, I challenge you to forget about wrapping toys, watching your favorite tv show, stamping, whatever your enjoyment might be, and I want you to spend that time that you have set aside for yourself and give it to your Savior! I know he would appreciate it, he is infact the reason we are celebrating this month...why not give Him the ONLY present he would ever ask for...YOURSELF...ALL of you! Enjoy your quiet time and know that everything else will wait for you!

Tutorial #2 Laminate Countertop Ornaments
These ornaments are SUPER easy. Here are the supplies you will need to get started

Supplies: all supplies are SU! unless otherwise stated. Laminate Counter top sample (I got mine at Lowe's), spray adhesive (elmors) , card stock (I'm using wild wasabi and real red) , stamps (baroqu Motifs and holidays and wishes) , versamark pad, embossing powder (I used Iridescent Ice), heat gun, paper trimmer, 1/4 inch hole punch, ribbon





First you will want to trim your Wild Wasabi CS to 2x2 3/4 inches and your real red cs to 2x7/8 inches (this is a great project to use up those scraps!)




Next you will want to stamp any images on the card stock that you desire




and now you are ready to make it sprakle! Cover the whole thing with Versamark ink and then add the iridecent ice EP, heat set with the heatgun









And finally, use the 1/4 inch hole punch and tie a ribbon through to hand...embelish any way you want, and hang it on your tree! Or you can be nice and give it to someone on your list! With all those holiday parties make sure you have a bunch on hand, these are great for hostess gifts!










I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. When you have created one, please upload it to your blog or SCS gallery and use key word MSTT02. Have a blessed day and remember your quiet time with the Lord, he's waiting for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughts on the bible verse....very well said.

Thank you for the tutorial also. I have a bunch of these that have been lying around for a couple of years now. I was going to do something with them "someday".