I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesdays Teacher

Okay ladies (and gents if there are any out there!) This is my very first EVER Tuesdays teacher and so I would like to explain it a bit to you! For those of you that don't know me, I am a Christian and a firm believe that you must get to know the word of God to grow closer to him, so I am planning to post a bible verse and some food for thought every Tuesday, followed by a tutorial on a stamping project or technique. I love the Lord and I hope you will get a blessing from the verses that are touching me, but most importantly, I pray that they may touch a part of you that yearns to be closer to God and have a more meaningful relationship with Him. It is important to ready ourselves for the Lord and his second comming. So now that you know a little about Tuesday's Teacher, I pray that you will come back regularly and look forward to what they Lord hasd in store for you!


So here we go!








Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7


One of the most difficult aspects of prayer is to keep silent and wait patiently for God. It is He who is directing your time of prayer in the days ahead and you can open yourself to renewal as His spirit come to you in the quiet times of a still heart. If you have not yet had your quiet time with God this morning, I encourage you to take a moment and thank Him fo all that you have and all that you are, especially at this busy time of the year, when truly it is all about HIM.

Okay, now for the tutorial! I know with this crazy time of the year we just want to be able to have some goodies to give our friend and neighbors that doesn't cost a lot of money or take too much time, so here is a quick little idea that is perfect for the neighbors, co-workers and friends!

Supplies:one sheet of 12x12 designer paper, adhesive, rectangle tin, chocolate nuggets, adhesive, ribbon, paper trimmer, ink and a stamp set of choice, scissors, 1/4 inch circle punch, scrap of neutral card stock



Step one: Cut 4 strips of designer paper into 1 x 12 pieces, then cut those into 1x 3 1/4 strips (12 are needed)







Next you will want to wrap each nugget with the designer paper and place them in the tin.









Once you have wrapped all the nuggest and placed them in the tin, you will use more of the designer paper and cut a 3x12 inch strip. YOu can now wrap and secure it around the tin.






For this part, I used a scrap of shimmery white cardstock, but you can use whatever you would like. I used my Label classics stamp set (which is retiring soon!) and my craft red ink, although craft ink takes longer to dry, I love the richness if it and the fact that you can emboss with it!, and I used stazon black in. I then cut around the scallops and used my 1/4 inch circle punch and punched a hole, threaded some ribbon and you are done!










You are now DONE! The ornament you see I made with the remaining paper. Just run it through a paper shredder and crumple it up, place inside a clear glass ornament and tie a ribbon around it! All you need is a card and you are good to go!







I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and if you have any ideas, suggestions of requests for a specific tutorial, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to see your creations, so when you have finished yours, please publish it to your blog or upload it to your gallery and leave me a comment so I can go and check it out! If you place it in your SCS gallery, please use keyword MSTT01 (Mabie Stampin Tuesdays Teacher 01). Have a blessed day!




Happy Stampin'


Silvia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool site! It's coming along swimmingly. You're doing a great job! Love ya,

Drew

KOstvig said...

Nice blog love the nugget tin Idea, so cute. Thanks for the spiritual thought.

Anonymous said...

I made 16 of these boxes for my secretaries. They loved them. A great gift for little money. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Just discovered your blog this morning. Great tutorial, but most of all I appreciated the verse and how it applies to daily living. I look forward to coming back!

Rosella said...

What a great tutorial! Thank you. Thank you also for your reminder to take time to thank God for all I have.

Melinda McMillen said...

What a nifty idea -- I will definately take a look at your blog on Tuesdays. U smart!!