I've been featued in the Bitter Sweet Zine Winter issue!!!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cards, Cookies, and baby firsts!

OKay so today has ALREADY been a busy day! My sister calls me yesterday and tells me that she needs 50 Christmas cards...UHHHH OKAY!!! I'm up for the challenge!!! Especially since she doesn't really care what I make for her! Thanks sissy for letting me have creative freedom!!! So here is one of the designs I have made for her...10 down!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Holidays and wishes, Reindeer Greetings (retired)
Paper: Old olive, real red, very vanilla, dashing designer series paper
ink: stazon black, versamark
accessories: real red grosgrain ribbon, gold embossing powder, heat gun


So at church this Friday night we are having our second annual cookie contest, with prizes and of course LOTS of cookies! Last year I didn't make any since I was in charge, well this year I'm in charge again, but decided to go ahead and make some anyways...my favorite cookies are Snickerdoodles, so you know thats what I made! I doubled my recipe and now have 10 dozen cookies...cookies anyone??? I guess I will just have to give some to the UPS man (Mitch) when he comes by tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with! I'm a little nervous though, there is a 12 year old girl who is making 6 dozen cookies of 3 different kinds! That's 18 DOZEN cookies!!!!! WOW, her name is Hannah and she is such an inspiration! Not only is she wanting to give to the community (we are donating some of the cookies to the nursing home) but she is also very very very smart and knows her Bible better than most people...including me! Thanks Hannah for being such a blessing in my life!!!
ISN'T SHE CUTE!!!

And last but not least, our baby ( Bella) is growing up!!! No matter how hard I tried to not let that happen, it's happening! Right before my eyes even! She is almost 7 months (will be on Sunday the 16th) and we started giving her food yesterday!! She had smashed Bannanas, and boy did she LOVE them! It was a whole family event, everyone took turns feeding her, the kids thought it was great that she was eating real food and sisn't even have any teeth yet! LOL She even wanted to hold the spoon herself...what a big girl she is turning out to be! Why do kids have to grow up so fast???

1 comment:

Melinda McMillen said...

Cute Kidos, Silvia!! I love 'em!! Also -- those snickerdoodles look too tasty. That is my fave cookie!